What Is Humm?
To make shopping with McD’s even easier, we’ve partnered with Humm to give you a simple alternative to paying with cash or credit card.
Humm allows you to buy now and pay later for the things you really want.
Humm is Ireland’s latest way to pay and an easy alternative to paying with cash or credit card for your goods. Whether it’s new furniture. bicycle, dining table, hot tub, kitchen, motorcycle or TV, Humm is there to make finance simple! Humm allows you to buy now and pay later using your Humm approval.
It’s all about you – you’re in total control. You select the goods; You select the amount; You select the plan; You have full access to your Humm account via your very own self-serve portal. You can even pay out your purchase early without any additional fees or charges.
- It’s all about you – you’re in total control.
- Get up to €15,000 approved in minutes*
- Spend between €80 to €1500 With McD’s at 0% Interest
- Receive approval number by text
Humm fees breakdown
There are 2 two separate plans to suit your order amount, broken down below.
If you’re spending €80 – €500
You’re eligible for the ZERO PERCENT INTEREST PLAN, which means:
- Your interest rate is only €0.00
- You pay one upfront instalment (one fifth the cost of the item and you have 10 weeks to pay off the rest of the item)
- You can choose between paying monthly instalments with two payments or fortnightly instalments with four payments.
- An example would an item that costs €400. You would pay €80 upfront and if you wanted to pay monthly, you would pay Humm two monthly repayments of €160 and the item would be completely paid off.
- See more quotes here
If you’re spending over €500-€1500
You’re also eligible for the ZERO PERCENT INTEREST PLAN however there are some small admin fees which we breakdown below. You can choose to repay over 6 months or a year.
- Your interest rate is still 0%
- You pay an upfront €10 application fee but no instalment is required
- You can spread the cost over a period of 6 monthly instalments or 12 monthly instalments
- There is a €1 accounting fee per month for this policy.
- For instance, if you applied for finance of €1000, the policy would only cost you only €16 in fees over 6 months and €22 in fees over 12 months. There is no interest when paying for items on Humm with McD’s however other fees may apply with different retailers.
- Click here for a quote on financing an item with McD’s and Humm
To apply, simply click here. Apply from home, on the move or in-store – it’s your choice. Please make sure that you are NOT using Internet Explorer when applying.
The application process is fast and easy. The Humm team will keep in touch through SMS messages and emails throughout your application.
- If you have any questions, Humm can be reached here.
- To apply for Humm, all you need is a valid email address, your mobile phone number and meet the following minimum criteria:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be an Irish citizen or permanent resident of Ireland
- Earn a minimum taxable income of €21,000 per year
- Have a current credit/debit card and a Photo ID
- Have a good credit history
- Minimum order value of €500
During your Humm assessment, additional documents such as a recent bank statement, utility bill or payslip may be requested to support your application. Once Humm have all they need, you’ll receive a credit decision within minutes! It’s that simple!