Red Mills Layer Pellets contain 15% and are a complete feed for laying hens. It is suitable for poultry and game. This provides your laying hens with all their nutritional needs. It does not contain any medications so there are no withdrawal symptoms. Red Mills Layer Pellets 15% Poultry and Game Feed is recommended for Free Range systems and produces a desirable yolk colour and enhanced shell. Layers Pellets should be introduced at least 2 weeks before onset of lay.
For hens (18 weeks +) you should feed approxemently 120g of feed per day. Layers Pellets should be introduced at least 2 weeks before the onset of lay. Generous amounts of water should always be available
Laying Birds Advice:
- Check the weight of the laying hen on an on-going basis
- Introduce Layers Pellets to pullets at least 2 weeks before onset of lay
- 15% Layers Pellets are complete and balanced rations for laying hens. They are also recommended for Free Range systems. Desirable egg yolk colour and shell are enhanced by feeding these rations.
Tips for Poultry:
- Make sure they have access to clean water always. Chickens can often become dehydrated rather than drink dirty water.
- Have a look at them each day if possible and make sure they all look active and healthy. Keep an eye on their behaviour and eating habits. Have them checked out by a vet if you feel there is any problem.
- Make sure the coop is safe and secure, so that nothing can get in or out.
- Their coop will need to be cleaned out regularly, ideally at least once a week, depending on the amount of birds and the time of year.
- Chickens have very sensitive respiratory tracts, so you need to keep the coops as dust free as possible.
- Birds need to be vaccinated against a number of diseases, this should happen before you get your birds.
Wheat, Barley, Maize, Calcium Carbonate (limestone Flour), Sunflower Seed Extracted, Soyabean Extracted Toasted (1), Soya Bean Extruded, Cane Molasses, Soya Oil (1), Mono-dicalcium Phosphate, Mineral/vitamin Premix, Sodium Chloride (salt) Colourant: Citraxanthin, Lutein, Zeaxanthin Does Not Contain Meat And Bone Meal This Feed Does Not Contain Fishmeal. (1) Produced From Genetically Modified Soyabeans
Protein 15.00%, Oil 4.50%, Fibre 5.00%, Ash 13.00%, Moisture (Max) 14.00%, Methionine 0.32%, Copper (as Cupric Sulphate) 10mg/kg, Vit A10,000iu/kg, Vit D3 3,000iu/kg, Alpha Tocopherol (Vit E) 10iu/kg